Monday, May 11, 2009

It's all over

I have successfully completed my first year in the seminary - Deo Gratias! Our last day of finals was last Friday. It occurred to me that St. Patrick's is going to be like a whole new institution in the fall. At the end of every academic year, the fourth year guys graduate and go on to priestly ordination (congratulations Deacon Arthur!), and the second year guys move out to go on their pastoral years (I'll see you next year Mike, Eric, and Jhay!) One third of the student body in the fall will be brand new (perhaps you will be among the new guys, faithful reader?) In addition, our current rector, Father Jerry Brown, S.S., is retiring effective July. Our new rector will be Fr. James McKearney, S.S., the current Vice Rector and Dean of Students. Several faculty members are leaving us and some new professors will be coming on in the fall.

I'll be staying with my mother until my summer assignment begins. I came home yesterday afternoon and I'm still praying and reflecting on this first year. I still feel that I'm in the right place and I'm greatly looking forward to the resumption of classes in the fall. In the meantime, you're invited to the ordinations of Deacons Arthur Najera and Hector Montoya on Memorial Day, at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento, 10:30 am. Please keep them and the rest of us seminarians in your prayers.

No comments: