Monday, September 21, 2009

Growing Up



It's true what they say--after high school, life just blazes by. 

A few weeks ago I had a little mini college reunion with my old pals from UC Davis.  One our of close friends got married in a beautiful ceremony at the Church of the Nativity in Menlo Park, CA.  The different paths the Lord continues to call us on never seizes to amazes me.  I can still remember our biggest concern was getting to Fiji's Sushi buffet before the 12:00pm student rush.  Oh how life has changed. 


Five years after getting that coveted BA, my diaconate ordination approaches like a Southern California wild fire.  My other friends have moved on to other important, more adult concerns like morgages and careers.  But in all this, the one constant remains--Christ.  With a foundation like that, life can blaze by all its wants. 

Our Catholic faith remains the same.

No comments: