Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Christmas came early this year

Today the Holy See has officially published Pope Benedict's newest encyclical letter, Caritas in Veritate. This is his long awaited "social encyclical" which has been delayed numerous times in order to take into account the current global recession. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet but once I do I'll contribute my own reflections. I urge everyone to read it as well! I have all the love in the world for Pope John Paul II, but his writing could be awfully dense. I greatly appreciate our current Holy Father's experience as a professor because he knows how to have deep discussions about the Faith in a way that anyone can easily understand.

1 comment:

Colin said...

Indeed. This is a long one. But it looks real good. Just check out this word cloud they did on the encyclical.

http://cnsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/cloud.jpg?w=468&h=321